Wednesday , September 23 2020
Home / News / Jay Wilson, former director of Diablo III, Blizzard leaves

Jay Wilson, former director of Diablo III, Blizzard leaves

Jay Wilson, antiguo director de Diablo III, deja Blizzard

Jay Wilson, director of Diablo III during their first and crucial years and, earlier, employee of Relic Entertainment, Blizzard stopped after a decade working with them. Reason: want to devote himself to his passion, writing.

«I pained to say that after ten of the best years of my life this will be my last week in Blizzard, and in the video game industry “, explains on Twitter. “I’m going to try their luck with my first passion, writing. What were you doing when I fell on this job, and I’ve always wanted to come back.

Wilson worked on Diablo III until the beginning of 2013, when it announced that it would move to another project within Blizzard. However, his name has been linked to the ARPG especially by the controversy: for his defence of the auction house, for example (one of the most controversial ideas of the catastrophic release of the last devil, and who since Blizzard has advocated even few days before announcing its closure), or by having insulted David Brevik, the designer of Diablo II.

I remember when Wilson said, in 2011, that Diablo III could become better playing with a remote control, a statement greeted with natural skepticism (and a bit of bile) and has pointed out a while later, when the game came out on consoles and, indeed was not played bad.

In January 2013, Wilson announced in forums of Blizzard that Diablo III. The news was received with an unexpected joy by many members of the community; Therefore the footballer Rob Pardo came out in defense of Wilson, on the grounds that it was not doing justice: “I have worked with many, many designers at Blizzard, and Jay is one of the best,” said Pardo.

«I will miss you much less to my friends at Blizzard», ends Wilson on Twitter. “It has been the most dedicated and passionate group of people that I have ever known.”


Sad to say after 10 of the best years of my life this will be my last week at Blizzard, and in the games industry.

-Jay Wilson (@Angryrobotics) June 6, 2016

Check Also

genyo-takeda-jubilacion-1

Genyo Takeda, history of Nintendo, retires at age 68

Genyo Takeda, one of the most veteran designers of Nintendo, announced its withdrawal from the …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *